This is a site where we all can pay our respects to our friends and family from the Ruhr who are no longer with us.
How it Works
It uses the Contribute Photos feature from the main site.
There are two options:
- Add Civilian Notice – To add an obituary about a non-military person who was in the Ruhr with the Canadian Armed Forces (Student, dependant, civilian worker, etc.)
- Add Military Notice – To add an obituary about a person who served with the Canadian Armed Forces in the Ruhr.
- Put the person’s name in the Title Field.
- Put the obituary in the description field.
- Don’t put anything in the author and credit fields.
- Attach a photo using the select photo fields.
- Click submit at the bottom
Your submission will be held until an Admin has had a chance to review and will then appear under Read Military Notices or Read Civilian Notices.
Civilian obituaries will display in the Read Civilian Notices page and military ones in the Read Military Notices. They are initially displayed as thumbnails. Click on a thumbnail and you will see the details. This also permits others to leave their comments if they knew the person.
Contact us if you have any questions.