Welcome to the All-New Ruhrmemories
In our efforts to provide you with new material and exciting features, we have completely redesigned the Ruhrmemories web site.
To get acquainted, just click on Site Info in the Top Menu Bar
We have added features that we hope you will enjoy and take advantage of. Some of these include:
- A fully-featured Forum where topics can be created and discussed by everyone. It is now available
- A new Guestbook that includes all the information from the old one, and adds new functionality.
- The ability to search through the photos for words. We have made significant progress in making textual data associated with photos available for searching. We still have work to do in this area, but you can try out the feature right away and if you want to help us digitize information that previously was only readable on photos, just let us know.
- We have included a variety of Google maps that can help jog your memories. These maps are dynamic and you can zoom in, switch from map to satellite views, and get a better idea of how your favourite places are doing today.
- We have made it easy for you to share your precious photos or other material, with us.
- And many more
Register and Sign the Guestbook
To get the most use from this new web site, please take the time to register. Just click on Register in the sidebar on the right. Although all the material is available to you whether you are registered or not, to make use of the Forum and to leave comments, you must be registered. As you may have guessed, this is just to cut down on spam. If, for whatever reason you have problems registering with the register link in the sidebar, try the Register tab in the top menu. Also, sign our Guestbook, let us know you have visited our new site, re-establish old relationships. Just click on Guestbook in the top menu.
Give us Your Feedback
There are Forums you can use to provide your feedback. Tell us what you like, tell us where we can improve or what additional features you would like to see.
This Home Page
Right now this Home Page contains our new website welcome. In the future we will use it to post news, latest items on top, oldest items at the bottom.